There's a feeling in Elbow Park, as people stroll leisurely along the river pathway in the sunshine, and cars cruise by at a snail's pace, that
Does Spring arrive earlier in this part of town, just south of the downtown limits, or is this what happens when you build an inner-city community around a winding river ecosystem and let it thrive for over a century?
Whatever the reason, the location of this vibrant community is wonderfully suited to the prosperous life, and especially
nurturing for Calgary families.
With parks to gather and play in year-round, close ties between neighbours, and some of Calgary's top schools nestled in lovely residential neighbourhoods, this is a community your family will love and never want to leave
Calgary's Elbow Park community began its development in 1910, making it one of Calgary's original neighbourhoods.
Over the decades, this gorgeous riverside community has flourished, survived a colossal flood, and flourished once again into a neighbourhood with that wonderful energy that comes from resiliency and having weathered a storm.
Elbow Park realtor and resident Michael Wood knows this story well. He lived through it, helped families settle in Elbow Park afterward, and now proudly calls this neighbourhood his family home of five years.
If you're on the hunt for Calgary real estate to suit a family lifestyle - a fabulous character home or a new build in a thriving and picturesque neighbourhood - you may need to look no further.Below, we provide you with the key information you need to make that most important decision, from fantastic schools in the Elbow Park area to places we recommend for health, wellness and recreation - all from a realtor with inside knowledge of the area.1.
Be welcomed into a close-knit community where families are connected2.
Access to the Elbow River pathway system and seven beautiful city parks3.
Real estate listings with close proximity to 4th Street, home to the city's best cafés, shops and restaurants4.
Anchored by the community centre, a great spot to meet your neighbours and connect your kids 5.
A superior selection of inner-city Calgary real estate: character homes, estate homes, single-family homes and new builds6.
Tennis and canoeing in the summer, skating and sledding in the winter7.
A quick bike ride away from the Repsol Centre and Elbow Park Tennis Club8.
The joy of seclusion under tree-lined streets with the pulse of the city close byElbow Park School
- Elementary (K-6) EnglishRideau Park School
- Elementary (K-6) and Junior High (7-9) EnglishWilliam Reid
- Early French Immersion (K-4)Elboya School
- Elementary and Junior High. French Immersion (5-9 or 7-9). English (K-6 and 7-9)Western Canada High School
- Grades 10 to 12 English, Dual Credit, (10-12) Early French Immersion, (10-12) International Baccalaureate or IB, (10-12) Late French Immersion, (10-12) Off-campus Work Experience (10-12)Repsol Sport Centre
- One of Calgary's best recreation facilities: swimming pools, gyms, fitness centre, running tracks, cycle studios and moreElbow Park Tennis Club
- Alberta's best clay courts right in your backyardThe Glencoe Club
- Calgary's prestigious private sports and social clubSandy Beach Park
for sledding, skating or summertime river floating, or climb uphill to the gorgeous
River Park, where dogs run free and their owners revel in the remarkable city views
Stanley Park - for a riverside picnic, canoeing, sledding, swimming or lawn bowling
When you live in Elbow Park, your favourite places are all just a stroll away.
- Amenities along Fourth Street are plentiful, pedestrian-friendly and accessible on foot from Elbow Park.
- You'll find restaurants offering the city's best Indian, Mexican, vegetarian and brunch, cafes with the city's best croissants and macaroons, lively bars and pubs, beautiful fitness and yoga studios, drugstores, specialty wine stores, the best in home décor shops and active wear, and on and on.
- If that's not enough, you're a seven-minute drive from Chinook Mall, one of Calgary's favourite shopping destinations.
- In Elbow Park, you have a major grocery store within walking distance and two others within three kilometres away.
- The Elbow Park pathway is scenic and extensive, allowing locals to reach key city amenities leisurely, by bike or on foot.
- Elbow Park is situated near the Mount Royal, Mission, Rideau Park and Britannia neighbourhoods. Calgary's downtown core is located a breezy two kilometres away.
- Due to the neighbourhood's central location, Elbow Park residents can access major roadways, such as MacLeod, Blackfoot and Glenmore Trails, with ease.
- Elbow Drive runs parallel to MacLeod Trail but is buffered by the Elbow River and Stanley Park. Elbow Park is far enough away to be secluded from the noise and traffic.
To view homes for sale in Elbow Park, reach out to a Calgary real estate agent with personal experience in the community:
Michael Wood at (403) 708-6400.