A walk through this central Calgary neighbourhood is at once peaceful and enticing.
Imagine big beautiful parks with contemporary homes facing toward them. Quaint front walkways and wide back lanes, where you'll find kids laughing, playing hockey.
A mingling of single-family homes and sky-touching condos peering out from behind mature trees.
Garrison Green is a calm community with cosmopolitan style.
There’s one standout reason why Garrison Green is one of Calgary’s best family neighbourhoods in the inner city: its dual appeal.
Garrison Green real estate has that rare combination of central location and suburban tranquility that feels just right for urban families.
In Garrison Green you’re always situated just steps from a park or pathway. Children walk safely through this serene neighbourhood, passing neighbours on their porches, to and from one of three playgrounds.
A peaceful 80-acre community situated on the former CFB Lincoln Park, Garrison Green is a real hidden gem for new Calgary home buyers.
You’ll find a rich assortment of real estate in the Garrison Green neighbourhood: elegant single-family homes with landscaped backyards and pillared front porches, high-end condos and townhomes, as well as apartments and affordable housing in a mix of brownstone and tile.When you choose Garrison Green, you choose a safe and vibrant city lifestyle.Let’s take the time to review your real estate options in Calgary’s Garrison Green neighbourhood. We’ve provided key details to help you choose the community and home that best suits your particular taste.
1. Inner-city lifestyle with great home value
Traffic-quieted and pedestrian-friendly streets
3. Easy access to Glenmore Trail, your gateway to city amenities or to Bragg Creek, Canmore and Banff for fun family weekends
4. Close proximity to Mount Royal University and Jennie Elliott School, one of the highest-rated elementary schools in Calgary
5. A southwest community with a large demographic of families and young children
Jennie Elliott School – Elementary (K-6) English
Westgate School – French Immersion (K-5) Spanish Bilingual (3-6)
A.E. Cross School – Junior High English (7-9) Spanish Bilingual (Gr. 7)
Bishop Pinkham School – Junior High English (7-9) Early French Immersion (6-9) Late French Immersion (7-9) and Spanish Bilingual (8-9)
Central Memorial High School – English (10 to 12 English. Advanced Placement, (10-12) Career & Technology, (10-12) Dual Credit, (10-12) Off-Campus Work Experience, (10-12) Sports (10-12)
Western Canada High School – Grades 10 to 12 English, Dual Credit, (10-12) Early French Immersion, (10-12) International Baccalaureate or IB, (10-12) Late French Immersion, (10-12) Off-Campus Work Experience (10-12)
Mount Royal University – Situated in the heart of Calgary’s Lincoln Park since 1972. Has a student population of more than 9,000 and offers a dozen degree programs plus certificate and continuing education options.
Glenmore Aquatic Centre & Outdoor Track – A popular attraction that draws families from many neighbourhoods
Mount Royal University Recreation Centre – A well-equipped public facility with climbing centre, aquatic centre and salt water pool, and fitness area with new equipment
Sandy Beach Park for sledding, skating or summertime river floating, or climb uphill to
, where dogs run free and their owners enjoy remarkable city viewsLakeview Golf Course
– A beautiful nine-hole course overlooking the Glenmore ReservoirSouth Calgary Outdoor Pool
– A great refuge for South Calgary families on hot days
- The shops of Lincoln Park consist of a popular family restaurant, (where kids eat free on Sundays) a drugstore and dentist, coffee shop, hair and beauty salons and other popular dining establishments.
- There are four major grocery stores within three to four kilometres of Garrison Green.
- You will also enjoy proximity to Westhills and Signal Hill Shopping Centres as well as Chinook Centre - all are a quick, five-kilometre drive from your double-car garage!
- Your Garrison Green home is separated from main roadways but within close range. This makes for an easy commute to work or a night downtown.
- Garrison Green real estate is situated near the intersection of Glenmore and Crowchild Trails making the community easily accessible to prime Calgary locations and amenities. Walking or biking trails to the Glenmore Reservoir connect inside Garrison Green.
- Popular neighbourhoods, Garrison Woods and Marda Loop are located three kilometres north of Garrison Green, while the border of Calgary’s downtown core is within a seven-kilometre distance.
Bragg Creek is a 30-minute drive west of the Garrison Green community, easily accessible by Glenmore Trail. Canmore is a beautiful one-hour drive west of the neighbourhood along the same scenic route.
For a clearer vision of what your future home might look like, here are 1. Many homes built within the last 10 to 12 years
2. Bright and open-concept kitchen and living space
3. Custom-built walk-in pantry
4. Granite countertops and kitchen island
5. New gas stove and stainless-steel appliances
6. Large master bed with vaulted ceiling, walk-in closet and large ensuite bath
7. Lower level (basement) living spaces with high ceilings
8. Front and second-storey porches and landscaped backyards
9. Rear and side entries: kitchen to back patio and mudroom
10. Backyard patio and detached double garage
To have all your questions answered about real estate and current listings in the Garrison Green neighbourhood, contact a Calgary realtor with a personal approach:
Michael Wood at (403) 708-6400.