There’s a fascinating history of the Mount Royal neighbourhood that coincides with Calgary’s boom days after the turn of the twentieth century.
Like similar neighbourhoods developed in Montreal and Vancouver by the Canadian Pacific Railway, Upper Mount Royal was intended to be one of Canada’s finest and most exclusive
Barren hills rising up from the river valley were quickly populated by the city’s first generation of nouveau riche.
Skip ahead a century later and we find an inner-city oasis that has flourished into something sensational.
This is a sublime selection of Calgary real estate, the epitome of luxury, style and elegance
A drive through modern day Mount Royal takes you out of downtown traffic and inside a stunning and secluded community built around winding streets.
Restrictions placed on the original property in Calgary's Mount Royal area - minimum setbacks, minimum house values and so on, through to resale - ensured the community would develop into the prestigious neighbourhood it has become: A truly marvellous enclave of high society
Homes for sale in Mount Royal, Calgary, are magnificent estate properties in private settings that tell a story all their own.
Houses along Durham and Prospect Avenue are tall and stately, separated generously by wide lots, poised far from the road.
Elegance extends to glorious backyard retreats and luxurious swimming pools, media rooms and fabulous entertainment spaces to share with guests in utmost style.
Chances are you will find every item on your luxury real estate wish list here. In Upper Mount Royal, no wish is too grand.
This is Calgary real estate at its finest.
Let’s take the time to review your real estate options in Calgary’s Mount Royal neighbourhood. We’ve provided key details to help you choose the community and home that best suits your particular taste.
Five Real Estate Advantages Unique to Mount Royal:
Privacy and exclusivity2.
A magnificent selection of the finest inner-city Calgary real estate3.
Immediate proximity to downtown amenities and entertainment4.
Access to established schools and beautiful green spaces5.
Opportunity to buy real estate in one of Calgary’s original elite communities
- Amenities along 17th Avenue are plentiful and walkable from Mount Royal.
- Enjoy access to the city’s best restaurants with culinary offerings for all tastes, lively pubs, the finest in health and beauty services, specialty stores, home décor shops and more.
- Mount Royal residents are well situated to enjoy evenings out at Arts Commons on Eighth Avenue in downtown Calgary - a joint venue for the Jack Singer Concert Hall and various Calgary theatre companies. Enjoy Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra performances here, and a selection of live theatre.
The Glencoe Club
- Due to your proximity to Calgary’s downtown core, further options for shops and services are optimal. Your grocery choices are extensive, with access to many major grocery chains, neighbourhood butchers and specialty markets.
– Calgary’s prestigious private sports and social clubLevis
and Talon Park
are all situated within the Upper Mount Royal boundaries
South Calgary Park
– Soaring views of the city skylineElbow Park Tennis Club
– Alberta’s best clay courts
- Real estate in Mount Royal, Calgary, is situated between Colborne Crescent and Council Way, from14th Street SW to the escarpment on the east side, overlooking Elbow Park.
- Mount Royal’s closest neighbours are South Calgary, Bankview, Lower Mount Royal, Cliff Bungalow, Rideau Park and Elbow Park.
- The extensive Elbow Park pathway system is within walking distance of the Mount Royal neighbourhood. It allows locals to reach key city amenities leisurely, on foot or by bike.
Earl Grey School
- Calgary Transit is accessible from inside the Mount Royal community. Adjoining C-Trains and major bus routes are easily accessible from 14th and 17th Avenues.
– Elementary English (K-6)Mount Royal School
– Junior High English (7-9) William Reid
– Early French Immersion (K-4)Elboya School
– Elementary and Junior High. French Immersion (5-9 or 7-9). English (K-6 and 7-9)Western Canada High School
– Grades 10 to 12 English, Dual Credit (10-12) Early French Immersion (10-12) International Baccalaureate or IB (10-12) Late French Immersion (10-12) Off-campus Work Experience (10-12)
To view homes for sale in the distinguished Mount Royal neighbourhood, reach out to a Calgary real estate agent with a personal approach:
Michael Wood at (403) 708-6400.